Now, I don't want to change major life details because as they say "things happen for a reason". I wouldn't have my fantastic husband and wonderful daughter if I, let's say: finished high school & went to Concordia University to study dance or became a natural healer with a studio overlooking the ocean or went travelling through Europe or stayed in Victoria. I do however wish I had followed a few simple rules throughout my young adult years that I'm struggling to implement now:
- Follow a budget: know how much you need for expenses, allow for spending cash and save 10% of your paycheque.
- It's ok to love to own books, knick knacks and tons of craft supplies - but have "a place for everything and keep everything in it's place" (not at the bottom of the stairs, on the kitchen, coffee or dinning room table!)
- Focus on completing one task before starting another - have a good plan on how to accomplish each one effectively
- Spontaneity is fun for most things, but a well researched investment - be it money, a job or effort - saves stress, disappointment and cash. (but not always - this is a tricky one)
- Eat more fruit and veggies, period.
- Invest in quality face cleaning and moisturizing products, used twice daily - don't forget your neck!